Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Sketches Series 01

Lets reveal the magik behind my signature sketching; we'll start with the raw product then lead to the end product.
Firstly, I modelled my design with SketchUp so that it is easy and fast to edit. Hence I picked this angle of the model. I wanted to show the relation between structure, void and entrances (lift door and library entrance shown).

Step 1:



This is the 'red-column' sketch up scenary that attracted Prof Des Smith straightaway. He thought that it was eye-catching.
I liked the fact it was simple but too simple to be able to convey any message.




Step 2:
I traced the drawing onto a lightbox to be able to see all lines and things, I added details and other refined elements of my design. The thing about hand drawings is your drawing tells your anticipation of soul into your design. There is originality and authenticity...




Hand sketched on a normal 80gm white Double AA paper, the detailings included are railings, lift door and entrance to the library.







Step 3: Tweaking and photomontaging in Adobe Photoshop! Probably the best process ever because I enjoyed the detailings and refined look of from the 1st sketch and probably this picture actually depicts what is going on in the building.






The column color were changed so the attention are pulled to the humble railings, and human
to show relative scale. Timber flooring were used but however, not to take away the simplicity of the whole picture.





NEXT: History of Geelong, sephia-colour style

No comments: